[LargeFormat] RE: Expanding and Contracting Ilford FP4+

Wilkes, Don MSER:EX largeformat@f32.net
Mon Apr 14 11:56:07 2003

Diane and Lauvone:

> No, Don, you're not the only one using FP4+ on this list.  I
> just haven't shot any recently.  I did load some up last
> night though.  I rate FP4+ at 100 and develop in Kodak D-76
> [1+1] for 11 minutes at 20 deg. C.  I think I've done it with
> and without a pre-wash, though Ilford's tech sheet doesn't
> recommend one.

I did check on my darkrom notes yesterday, and this looks very close to what
I've been doing.  THe only differences would be rating it at about 64-80,
and using ID-11 instead of D76.  I've experimented with using a water
pre-soak or not, and really can't see much difference.

Cheers,
\donw