[LargeFormat] 90mm Schneider f5.6 Super Angulon vs f8

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sun Apr 6 19:33:19 2003

At 22:23 06/04/2003 +0100, philip.lambert wrote:
>Can somebody advise me whether the 90mm Super Angulon f5.6 is SHARPER at f16
>than the cheaper f8 version. I ask because I have the f8 and am bidding
>moderate amounts for an Ebay f5.6 version.   A brighter screen would be
>welcome but I suspect the f5.6 is a weighty chunk of glass.Is it worth the
>extra money?  Please advise. PL

Bet you wouldn't be able to tell the difference :-)

The real advantage of the f5.6 is the larger image circle at 235mm vs 216mm
for the f8. You're paying for the coverage in addition to a brighter image
for focusing. Yes, it's a lot heavier.

If you need the extra coverage and feel fit then go for it!