[LargeFormat] Korona 5x7

philip.lambert largeformat@f32.net
Sun Apr 6 17:32:16 2003

---fashioning a 70mm rod to beat your own back. Rollfilm is freely
available, dirt cheap and processing, although not cheap, is probably
getting slowly better and more widely found than it was, or I have been
looking harder than I did. Not that I have taken a photograph for two weeks,
much too busy fiddling with cameras.  Good job I don't charge my time to my
hobbies.... My recessed panel for a 47mm SA on the Gandolfi 5x4 is finally
looking real (third iteration sorry attempt) and all I have to yet do is
contrive to mount a cable socket on the flat part of the lensboard
surrounding the recess to operate the extension stalk bolted to the shutter
release. I glued an extension rod to the iris diaphragm control to bring it
within reach (the only alternative was to grow very long finger nails) but
if I need to I can unglue the cyanoacrylic (?) instant glue with some of the
specific solvent.
I was amazed how leaving the Compur 00 mechanism in a jamjar perched on a
pile of pennies over a little lighter fuel  transformed a sticking shutter
into one whose speeds are within 1/3 of a stop of what my Calumet tester
says is correct.   I just had three quotes of £65 to £75 each plus outward
post to C/L/A my Compur shutters. Thank heavens for Saudi Arabia.
Can somebody advise me whether the 90mm Super Angulon f5.6 is SHARPER at f16
than the cheaper f8 version. I ask because I have the f8 and am bidding
moderate amounts for an Ebay f5.6 version.   A brighter screen would be
welcome but I suspect the f5.6 is a weighty chunk of glass.Is it worth the
extra money?  Please advise. PL