[LargeFormat] High output compact florescent lights

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Sat Apr 5 13:09:04 2003

I'm trying my hand at the latest in cutting edge table top lighting.
I've seen two versions  marketed to photographers.  One is the bowens
tri-light
The other is made by Gary Register but forget the name.

Gary's is better but very expensive, Bowens is nothing more than 3 30w
lights in a big reflector.

I've done a bit of research on HO compact fluorescent and found a great
light made by GE, but they don't make a balast for it and can't find
anybody that does.

So ..... Has anybody else found any compact fluorescents   with an
output of greater than 30w?

Les