[LargeFormat] Dealing with Bellows Sag

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Apr 4 03:55:23 2003

Most larger cameras have hooks at the top of the bellows to allow some
solution to be put in place to deal with bellows sag when using lenses that
require a middle extension of the bellows.

Now, I have never seen the gizmos that are supposed to be used to support
the bellows when sag is an issue. I am assuming that the manufacturers
originally supplied rods to be used in conjunction with the hooks. The rods
would presumably be balanced across the rear and front standards.

Does anyone have the original solution (rods?) or have any advice on the
best ways of dealing with the sag that would otherwise cause vignetting?