[LargeFormat] Handle for 11x14 Korona

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Mon Mar 24 23:08:05 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Hemenway" <Jim@hemenway.com>
To: "Large Format Group" <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 6:23 PM
Subject: [LargeFormat] Handle for 11x14 Korona

> Hi Folks:
>
> The handle on my 11x14 Korona has gotten a bit brittle and
I'm concerned
> that it might break some day when I don't expect it.
>
> Does anyone here know of a place which sells replacements?
>
> http://www.hemenway.com/Leather_Handle.jpg
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
>
> Jim - http://www.hemenway.com

  I can't be specific but I've seen similar handles in shops
who do luggage repair. I know of a place in Glendale with
them. I was looking for flat handles of the type used on
Speed Graphics and also the kind used on trunks, which were
also used on wood cameras, when I found the rigid type you
have pictured. I suspect this is not the original handle but
a later replacement.
  The orignal would probably have been the flat kind held in
place by a loop or cleat at each end.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA