[LargeFormat] Wide angle for XLF

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Mar 3 08:22:05 2003

At 21:51 02/03/2003 -0500, Jim Hemenway wrote:
snip
>Schneider Super Angulon 210mm f:8.
>
>Do any of you know whether or not this lens needs a center filter, i.e.,
>was it designed to require one.
>
>It appears that the Rodenstock 200mm Grandagon does require one and
>costs almost as much as the lens does - used.

Jim,

I can't tell you for sure - intuitively it seems that it will probably need
one when used for 11x14.  If you find that you do need a centre filter then
Robert White did have some Heliopans in his sale recently so it would be
worth asking him. He may also be able to shed some light in the corners for
you regarding the SA 210mm :-)