[LargeFormat] Schneider 360mm f6.8 Symmar-S Multicoated

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sat Mar 1 06:08:00 2003

At 9:38 am -0500 28/2/03, Jim Hemenway wrote:
>Hi Folks:
>
>Is anyone else besides me using 11x14?
>
>If so then you might want to know about Item # 2914717901 on ebay. It's
>a Schneider 360mm f6.8 Symmar-S MC and covers 11x14.
>
>I already have one and paid $950 for it last autumn and it has become my
>favorite lens.
>
>This has a "buy it now" price of $695.00.
>
>I know that money is short for many of us, but to me this is most
>definitely a bargain, if not just a good value.
>--

Jim,

Either it is only you or the others are too shy to admit such passion
for large format!

That 360mm Symmar would be a great lens for 8x10 also - plenty of
movements available with that image circle. Would be tempted myself
but it would probably be the additional weight of the lens that would
take out the floors in the house ;-)

If I had the dosh it would be worth the risk.