[LargeFormat] Super Chromega F Dichroic II - Kamm chassis

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Feb 28 13:16:00 2003

At 8:58 am -0800 28/2/03, Wilkes, Don MSER:EX wrote:
Huge snip

>  > How are you getting on with the Durst?
>
>Very, very well.  I love this exquisite machine, and wish I had more time to
>make negatives for it.  Oh, if only I had it back in the '70s, when I was a
>young bachelor completely obsessed with photography, and nothing else to
>chew up my time...
>
>Do you have photos of the new toy up on f32?

Don,

You would like the desk. It is a Durst desk with two paper rolls
inside it and a load of keys and basic digital interface. It is very
well made and probably horrifically expensive when new. I have
nowhere to put it and little use for it as I just can't imagine
producing print runs from any of the enlargers, either now or in the
future.

The weight of the new enlarger is definitely an issue. It will
probably end up in my darkroom rather than the garage but I will
attempt to take some of the weight on the wall rather than all on the
floor.

If you saw the paper roll machine you would want it - together with
the vertical boards that sit behind it :-)

I did intend to take some digital snaps of the beast before moving it
but there was no time. It'll be a few months before it is moved from
the hall to its new home. As soon as it is set up I'll put some shots
up on f32.net

The Durst 138S is probably the best large format enlarger available.
I have tried a few different makes and models and always come back to
the 138S. There is a real grin factor involved when using any of the
controls..... Good to hear  that you are enjoying it. As for time -
there seems to be less and less available as the years pass. The
consultants would have you believe that with good time management you
can still complete all the required tasks and have a social life in
between writing the book and running a business and family - yeah
right.....

Will let you know when there are some photos up. In the meantime try
this: http://www.f32.net/cgi-local/discus/show.cgi?112/177