[LargeFormat] DIY Focusing Cloth and Blankies

Verna Knapp largeformat@f32.net
Fri Feb 21 00:00:34 2003

I wish my hair were not so slick. That sort of thing just slides off. I
have better luck with a baseball cap that has a tie for under the chin,
though that does not work well with the camera. Hmmm. Time for some
experimental sewing, I think. An old fashioned sunbonnet, but with a
very short or non-existent "poke" (front brim) just might work, and they
are not hard to make. And if I sewed the neck shade long enough, it
would be a fine dark cloth. Just flip it forward when needed. For those
not familiar with a sunbonnet, they sometimes had a cloth sewed to the
back to drape down over the neck and upper back to prevent sunburn back
there. And there was a long "poke" brim in front to shade the face. They
were used while working in the garden when I was a girl, back when a
suntan was a negative and not a positive. Women valued a pale complexion
back then. It said you did not have to work in the fields.

Thanks for the idea!

Verna

--
"Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a
wonderful stroke of luck.