[LargeFormat] 58mm S.Angulon

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Fri Feb 14 15:00:13 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "philip.lambert" <philip.lambert@ntlworld.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] 58mm S.Angulon

> Absolutely correct. Sorry I wasted your time.  On
re-checking the offer it's
> a 58mm Linhof Technikon weitwinkel, wonder if it isn't
Schneider at all but
> Rodenstock  (did anybody else make LF lenses in Germany?).
Thanks all the
> same. Must search on Rodenstock. Philip
>
> > I"m not aware of an old 58mm Super angulon.  Rodenstock
made a 58mm
> > Grandagon for the XL line of cameras from Graflex.Inc.
If you can get
> > back to the home page from the URL  look at the line of
silver buttons. At
> > the right there's a button that says "INFO".  that's
where they hide the
> > data for older Angulons Xenars, etc.

  I find the Technikon, f/5.6, 58mm with coverage of 135mm,
listed in the 4th edition of _Linhof Practice_. Coverage is
given for infinity focus and f/22.
  Its listed as being for 3-1/4 x 4-1/4 format where it has
enough margin to allow some movements.
  The focal length and image circle given calculate to a
coverage angle of approximately 99 degrees.
  No information on the manfacturer or construction of the
lens is given. It  is listed as being available in 58mm,
100mm, 180mm.
  The diagonal of 4x5 is 152mm, so this is the minimum image
circle required.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA