[LargeFormat] EBay/auction sniper

William Gartin largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 12 00:50:38 2003

on 2/11/2003 10:28 PM, Les Newcomer wrote:

> Up until a couple of weeks ago I thought Auction sniper was a marriage
> saver.  No more "Gotta go home early to bid on something"  but has anybody
> else noticed that they've been having problems a bit too often?  They
> claim ebay slows down and it backs them up, so even though ebay was back
> to normal when my auction closed, AS couldn't place the bid.  I"m about
> ready to give up on AS. Anybody else have any suggestions? Alternatives?

I've used eSnipe <http://www.esnipe.com/> for a couple of years with very
satisfactory results. I set my bids to go in 3 seconds before auction end,
and only once or twice has that missed the end. I've never tried a shorter
time, but it might be possible. I very much agree with the point about being
able to delete the bid before auction end. I've had to do this several times
when I checked my bank account after a visit to the camera store. ;-)

--
William Gartin <william_gartin@mac.com>