[LargeFormat] Observation...

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Tue Feb 4 16:08:56 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Les Newcomer" <lnphoto@twmi.rr.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 6:05 AM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Observation...

> Also that $400+ lens was very mint, and in an SVS shutter
with some odd
> engraving.  It looks like it might have been a special
purpose lens.  Not
> too long ago I saw a 203 with a date code of '61in a
Sycnro compur. It's
> possible that the SVS was even later, which makes it that
much more
> valuable. Not that it will take better pictures....
>
> Les

  I don't know when Kodak stopped making Supermatic shutters
but it must have been about 1960, perhaps a little earlier.
They went back to Compurs.
  The exact dates, etc., must certainly be in the Kodak
business records which were donated to somebody. I thought
RIT had them but someone told me they asked recently and RIT
said no.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA