[LargeFormat] Elgeet Anastigmat?

Alan Davenport largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jan 30 20:52:01 2003

I just acquired an f/4.5 10" Elgeet Anastigmat lens... all I know about it
is that it's a focal length I'd like to have.  Got it on the cheap, so I
won't be too upset if it's only good as a paperweight.  That said...

Can anyone tell me anything about this lens?  Construction?
Reputation?  Will it even cover 4x5?

It's in an Alphax Synchromatic self-cocking shutter (Wollensak.)
Stops down to f/45.  The shutter adjustment is pretty stiff, and I
don't know if the speeds are accurate; B and T work OK so it'll
probably be fine for what I generally need...