[LargeFormat] Lens Boards - 4x4 and Linhof/Wista Style

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jan 27 18:14:02 2003

Just as I had standardised on 4x4 lens boards having made a load of adapter
boards up for various cameras, some of my favorite lenses have ended up on
Linhof/Wista type lens boards.  This is particularly irritating as the
Linhof boards are around 3/16" narrower and 1'16" shorter than a 4x4 board
and of course also have cut corners at the bottom.

Has anyone else come up with a quick fix for use of Linhof boards in a 4x4
standard? At the moment I'm thinking about making a Linhof to 4x4 board
adapter but there ain't a lot of room around a 4x4 board to hold a Linhof
board to it.

This may be one of those situations that ends up with me really justifying
having a load of lenses to play with..... or selling a load of cameras......