[LargeFormat] Introductions

Graham largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 21 15:14:01 2003

Hello Clive,

Only just joined this list. Childhood interest in wildlife,
became interest in wildlife photography, became interest in
photography. Left school and worked 2 years for local photographer
then worked as a photographer in Ministry of Defence Research
Establishment for 13 years. Studied Ecology as mature student and
changed careers into ecological consultancy. Actually a Scot, but
now in South Wales, UK.

It is now 18 years since any serious photography, but for some reason (mid
life crisis !!) Christmas past saw me polishing my MPP and
investigating digital printing. I am really taken by Digital printing,
and have no immediate desire to return to wet printing. But I would
like to set up a workable E6/C41 processing sytem.

My MPP is a VII and it has the standard 150 xenar, 90mm angulon.
Beattie screen and I have a Polaroid back and Mido film holders and a
Harrison pup tent. I also have some old Nikon gear.

I am primarily interested in landscape for the 5x4, and have a plan to
tie my photographs into ecological habitat classifications. Many of
which are far from photogenic.

I am horribly out of date and am now frantically trying to make up
for 18 years of lost time. I am also waiting for it to stop raining,
so I can actually get out there and take some photographs.

--
Best regards,
 Graham                   mailto:graham.smith@myotis.co.uk