[LargeFormat] Introductions

Ken Hough largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jan 20 18:32:59 2003

Hello,
I'm Ken Hough
I'm 48 and have been doing LF since I was 15. At 16 I bought my first
Deardorff. I have 26 of them now. I shoot with an 11x14 most of the time
using Photo Warehouse custom cut Ilford. HC 110 or D-76 depending on
the contrast needed and Ilford Multigrade fiber. I shoot mostly record shots
of steam powered equipment. I have used all sorts of LF cameras and
started using a 1896 Rochester Optical 14x17. That is still not big enough.
I'm modifying a 8x10 Fotar that was given to me. I'll get back using my 8x10
and enlarge.
 I agree with another poster that there is nothing to photograph around
Chicago. Perhaps its that I've been here nearly all my life and am not
"moved" by what I see. I went back to Philly in December and would really
like to shoot that town on LF.
It is very hard to separate me from my Deardorff repair and restoration
work. It what I do to earn a living. Using these cameras in all situations
allows me to better explain owners how to use theirs. I am usually way
behind in my work but have made great strides in the past year getting
caught up. If you need any answers about Deardorffs let me know.
Ken

        ******Ken Hough Photographic Repair******
         Specializing in Deardorff Refinishing
          Lens Recementing and Shutter repair