[LargeFormat] Introductions

Stuart Phillips largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 19 21:32:06 2003

So to continue...!

I started taking photos when I was 11 with a MF folder and graduated to a
Zenith B. Now I have a Hasselblad system - I consider 6x6 normal rather than
medium format- and also some 35mm equipment, rangefinder which I consider
miniature format. I don't like dealing with 35mm negatives so this doesn't
get much use. I photograph mostly in B&W and do all my own developing. I
have a wet darkroom, a Nova darkroom tent in case anyone is familiar with
that, and use a Meopta Magnifax enlarger, good up to 6x9. I also do some
scanning.

I get two things from the list. Discussions of film, paper and chemical
characteristics that are applicable to what I do already and some ideas
about the large format world. I'm ready to move into LF and would have liked
to work in 5x7 since I'd like to contract print but the film availability is
so limited. Instead, I'll probably get a Toyo CF (the new cheap light carbob
fiber one) 4x5 and scan for a while since there's no more room in my tent!

As far as subjects, I tend to concentrate on landscape, especially
industrial archaeology,abandoned institutional buildings. I have some work
up at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~barbkoh/homepage.html

(mediocre scans of some good negative and some poor ones that I grabbed in a
day I had permission to photograph an abandoned State mental hospital)

and a more general selection at:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=589434

Best to all