[LargeFormat] Graphic view II

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jan 15 06:52:05 2003

At 10:09 13/01/2003 -0500, Jim Hemenway wrote:
>Hi Clive:
>
>I like the GV II because the tilt is centered in the middle of the
>standards rather than at the bottom as in the first GV. In addition the
>rail and the bellows are longer.
>
>I haven't had but a few bites and am reluctant to put it on ebay.  It's
>one of those things where even though I already have another, that it's
>worth more to me than anyone is willing to pay for it.
>
>I'm now thinking of "chopping it up" to turn it into a stubby:
>http://www.bigcamera.com/articles/GraphicViewStubby.htm

Jim,

Yep, the View II does have advantages over the earlier version. I'm
surprised that you have not had more interest in yours - the irony is that
if you put it up on EBay it'll probably make more than you asked for it here!

The stubby could cover a whole load of pano requirements and it would be a
very light camera following the chops.  It'll take lenses down to 35mm.
Could make some great pano photos with a roll film back.  There is a part
of me that prefers not to see nice old Graflex cameras hacked about,
however there are probably plenty of View IIs around that are lovingly
cared for by their owners to make up for a few stubbies.