[LargeFormat] prewar Speed Graphic

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jan 8 16:23:38 2003

The cylinder on the lens is a solenoid. Chances are the shutter doesn't
have any way to synchronized the shutter opening with the flash going off.
   By pressing the red button onthe flash it did two things. it sent
current to the bulb at tthe same time it engergized the solenoid to trip
the shutter.

The bipost terminals on the top of your rangefinder are used to run
current to a bulb inside the rangefinder. by turning this wonderful
instrument on, it projects the image of the filiment onto the subject
through the rangefinder, As you focus the two images come to gether.  The
story goes is was designed to photograph the interiors of bombers during
construction.