[LargeFormat] Jobo 3000 Series Expert Drums

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 5 21:18:01 2003

At 6:59 pm -0700 5/1/03, Tim Atherton wrote:
>  > Using the drums to wash the film seems to be the best solution given
>>  that they are supposed to be super efficient in slopping chemicals
>>  around the film - the same will be true of the wash water. Following
>>  multiple rinses then a quick dunk in a tray containing photoflo rinse
>>  before drying off.
>>
>>  Seems to be the safest and most effective method....
>
>How are you doing this (I'm just using mine on a unicolor roller base) -
>filling it up and emptying it on the jobo processor, or sticking it in a big
>tray of water and rolling it around?
>
>any suggestions?
>
>tim

Tim,

Just in case you are not familiar with the Jobo processors, they are
available with a gizmo called a "lift" that essentially allows you to
quickly fill and empty the drums whilst they are in motion.

I was suggesting that the film should be washed (following dev and
fix) in the (rotating) drum on the processor through a number of
water changes, then the film should be removed from the drum and
dunked in some photoflo rinse before drying.

Does your unicolor base have bi-directional rotation - ie does it
reverse during processing?  The Expert drums are designed to work
optimally for a particular speed of rotation and frequency of
reversing.

You'll probably get the best out of the drums if you use them on a
Jobo processor (CPA2 or CPP2) with a lift.