[LargeFormat] WWII signal Corp newsgroups

Eve Girard largeformat@f32.net
Tue Dec 31 22:46:11 2002

As much as I hate to dispute Mr Knoppow over ANYTHING, I do have to lodge a
quibble over the Simmons Combat Camera.  Peter Lanczac is always on the
money with his research!  The Combat camera was a focal-plane shuttered
beast with no resemblance to the later Omega or Koni Omega cameras that
followed.   According to Peter, the Combat camera saw service in the closing
months of WWII.  It seems that this is very much "pre" any "Omega"
designators.
Eve