[LargeFormat] Shen Hao

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Mon Dec 30 18:52:32 2002

Dear Nephew James,

     Don't doubt your old uncle. I do forget things, but not as a test - I
just forget.

    Fremantle Prison is always there for the unwary, however. It has been
put on the local heritage listing and receives a constant stream of tourist
visitors. I went myself a couple of years ago when a second cousin called
for a couple of weeks.

    It was the second saddest site I have ever seen. And I suspect at the
time it was built that it was the best and brightest social statement that
H.M.Govt. could think of making. Were it in my gift, I would bulldoze it and
give the land over to expanding Fremantle Hospital. At present it there are
no memories there of anything good.

    Uncle Dick