[LargeFormat] Re: filmholder ID

Skip Roessel largeformat@f32.net
Sun Dec 29 05:30:02 2002

Liquid Nails glue might attach a small lable permanantly.  I think a better
idea
would be to drill a series of small holes along one of the retaining flanges,
and establish a sort of binary-style code. Access to a drillpress would be very
helpful to position the bit accurately.

I've heard of this done, never done it myself.  I imagine the under surface of
the flanges should be dressed with fine abrasive, like crocus paper, to smooth
away any sharp bits the drill may leave coming through, which might scratch the
edge of the film and introduce filaments of elmulsion.
Skip Roessel
skiproessel@mindspring.com