[LargeFormat] Ultragon 210mm vs 250mm WF Ektar

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Dec 23 07:06:24 2002

At 21:40 22/12/2002 -0800, tripspud wrote:
snip
>      Or get a used WF Ektar.  Though there's no 210, there's
>190 and 250 with the 250 having great coverage and the 190
>just managing at infinity.  BTW, I've managed to mount
>my WF Ektar 190 on the board for the modified Seneca 5x7.
snip
>Cheers,
>Rich Lahrson
snip

Hello Rich,

The 250mm WF Ektar is certainly an option and would do a wonderful job with
huge amounts of coverage, however it is in a #5 shutter and weighs a fair
bit! The advantage of the G-Clarons and Kowas of this world is that they
are relatively small and light and will fit in a modern Copal #1 shutter.

However if we start to talk about the "look and feel" of images shot with a
modern lens and those shot with a classic older lens then that would be a
different matter.......