[LargeFormat] Ultragon 210mm

tripspud largeformat@f32.net
Mon Dec 23 00:42:00 2002

Hi,

     While a Schneider 210/8 is maybe overkill for 8x10 with 1/2
meter image circle and the heft to go with it and the standard
angulon provides little movement, I believe the newer Symmars,
apo or something cover well at 210 and provide 5.6 aperture.

     Or get a used WF Ektar.  Though there's no 210, there's
190 and 250 with the 250 having great coverage and the 190
just managing at infinity.  BTW, I've managed to mount
my WF Ektar 190 on the board for the modified Seneca 5x7.
I was able to file it out of a smaller predrilled hole.  It took
about 1 1/2 hours to do.  I was willing to spend the money
to have a more pro job on it, but, like I couldn't find anyone
locally to handle it.  This was kind of a surprise.  Well,
anyway, this is the third lens I've managed to mount.  Maybe
I should open up a shop.  :-)

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California