[LargeFormat] Old LF info requested

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Tue Dec 17 12:55:36 2002

since I don't see anyway for this to fit inside a film/plate holder I will
say that it was designed for holding the original negatives/glass plates
in order to either make a copy plate or an enlarged print. By nesting the
frames you get a 'one size fits all' neg holder.

The brass tabs are there to hold the plate in place as it was common at
the time for the copy work to be in a vertical position.

Okay that was from memory,  From the 1920 Eastman Prof Photo Apparatus
Catalog it's clearly shown with the Enlarging, Reducing and Copying camera
as well as their Universal Labratory Outfit (which is an ER&C camera with
a very large tilting table that I think was used in the movie
"Frankenstein"