[LargeFormat] Large format printing.

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Tue Dec 10 15:30:12 2002

At 10:13 am +0000 10/12/02, Loyd, Sarah wrote:
snip
>Can anyone pass on any tips for large format printing / enlarging that they
>have picked up or worked out over the years please? Its far cheaper to learn
>from your collective experience than to make all the expensive mistakes
>myself (I make plenty enough as it is) :-)

Sarah,

You may know this already - when colour printing one of the unseen
and unexpected features of domestic mains power supplies is that they
invariably have voltage spikes. These spikes will change the colour
temperature of the enlarger bulb and may affect your print.

A good investment if you intend to carry out a lot of colour work is
a mains voltage stabiliser. These are heavy and expensive new but
have a look around and you may find a used one at a bargain price.

This advice came from a professional lab when I was talking to them
about colour work some time ago.