[LargeFormat] Re: Jobo 3000 Series Expert Drums

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Tue Dec 10 12:46:24 2002

At 14:31 08/12/2002 -0500, Skip Roessel wrote:
big snip
>Much more important, I've found, is that the chemistry and especially the
>final
>wash water be perfectly filtered, so I send all the wash water and water for
>chemistry through a paper coffee filter before use, and after the wash is
>finished do a final afterwash with about 250ml of distilled water before
>pulling the negs, sponging them and hanging to dry. Since then, no drying
>spots
>on the base side, nor dust or specks in the enlargments.  I've been told never
>to use a detergent-style drying agent like Photoflo in styrene Jobo equipment,
>as this chemical clings tenaciously to the plastic.  A half-pint of distilled
>water seems a reasonable expense for five perfect negatives.

Skip,

Thanks for the drying ideas - the chamois leather wrap seems a good plan.

As for Photoflo - that's a bit serious. I use the stuff almost religiously
and have never had drying mark problems since I started using it.  There is
also a lifetimes supply sitting in my darkroom! Does it affect the dev and
fixing stages if there are minute amounts of flo clinging to the plastic?