[LargeFormat] Jobo 3000 Series Expert Drums

Skip Roessel largeformat@f32.net
Tue Dec 3 10:20:49 2002

Hi Frank,

You have one lucky friend if you're willing to run his 5x7 for him.

Tell him to try that Hungarian Elke 25 from J&C photo and get you some
rollo-pyro to run it in... amazing negs!  Like the old Panatomic-X we used to
be able to get from Eastman.  Virtually grainless in pyro. Velvety skies, no
film grain... of course I've only taken them up to 20x30 prints so far.

Panatomic could resolve 140 lines/mm!  If you have too much spare time, as I
do, to do the math, the digital equivalent is a 1.8-gig file per neg.  That's
GIG.  Actually 1,838,480,000 pixels: that's a heap o' detail.  Too bad most of
the lenses only go up to 90 lines...

Perhaps you saw on this thread that someone likes Rodinal developer at 50-1 for
19 minutes, a little less hassle.  Me, I'm a pyro man... more headroom for
highlight detail.

Skip Roessel
skiproessel@mindspring.com