[LargeFormat] sheet film developing

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Sat Nov 23 10:22:22 2002

The HP combi plan tank holds 6 sheets and is invertable, just like roll
film tanks. It is however slow to fill and slow to empty.

The Yankee agitank holds twelve sheets, has a better developer to film
ratio but isn't invertable.

Hp tanks are hard to find used and are expensive new.  Yankee tanks are
easy to find and vary in price from $5 to $30  vs HPs $78

I've used both and in both cases I fill the tank with developer first load
the basket then drop the film cover hit the timer and turn on the lights.

Other options are reel type tanks for 4x5.  Nikkor made a model and jobo
did too.  But i recommend  using every other slot as there isn't enough
developer in the tank to process completely a full reel.

Les