[LargeFormat] Tempel-Tuttle Comet - Shooting Stars Tonight!

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Nov 18 18:22:45 2002

At 15:49 18/11/2002 -0700, Schuyler.Grace@AmericaWest.com wrote:
>Well, here in Arizona, we shouldn't have any clouds, so I figured I'd brave
>the frigid ~60 degree F night air and see what the fuss is all about.  If I
>build a roaring fire in the chiminea, bundle up in my long handles and big
>down parka, and continuously down hot Irish coffee, I figure I might survive
>long enough to see one or two falling stars before frostbite or hypothermia
>sets in...
>
>Schuyler Grace
>
>Phone:        480.693.3569
>FAX:          480.693.7555
>CO-MAIL:        52N-AWT

You're just so lucky!  I did have a quick look at the radar weather map for
part of the world and it seems that you have ideal conditions including the
rather wonderful temperatures. Looks like you'll be flying the flag for
large format photography in the US if the hot Irish coffee doesn't get you ....

Just popped outside to check the skies and the cloud cover has lifted a bit
- enough to make it worthwhile giving it a go. It is a bit nippy here
though compared to the oven-like temperatures of the South West USA.

Will wait for another hour or so and then head out into the country if the
cloud continues to clear.