[LargeFormat] Tachihara cameras

Curt Miller largeformat@f32.net
Mon Oct 28 20:44:06 2002

Frank wrote:

> The Tachihara is less costly than the Wisner.... but the Wisner Tech Field
> ( used) is in pretty high supply.... and the prices is low compared to the
> quality... Buy the Wisner for a really nice, reasonably priced field
> camera.....

I agree with you about the quality of the Wisner...it's wonderful.  I own
and use both an 8x10 and 5x7 Technical Field and love them.

Respectfully, what I can't agree with is the comment about supply or prices
of used ones.  I've checked eBay religiously at least once a week for the
past two years (looking for accessories).  I haven't seen a dozen go through
in that time...and the prices are very high.  I also always check all the
ads in View Camera and find the same situation.  What am I missing?

Curt