[LargeFormat] Photography as art? And philosophy?

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Sun Oct 27 05:40:02 2002

Dear Karl,

      I welcome the Political Correctness Police whenever they call. And
they call regularly around here. I try to make sure that they get at least
one complaint from every minority group in the community at least once a
year.

    Of course the sheer pressure of time means that I cannot offend everyone
individually. Last week I had to brigade up the Mormons, Moldavians, and
mandolin players. I can tell you, the bearded kid on the bicycle that went
past here strumming was pissed off big time....

    Of course as long as I do not admit where I was in 1966 or what I was
doing to allow a young men of a certain religious persuasion to go into
their local liquor store and buy Coors, I am safe. Suffice it to say in
those pre-scanner days, liquor store clerks accepted identity cards that
would scarcely past muster now. I am not certain what Coors was but it
seemed to be quite popular amongst the young men.

    Fortunately I think that this list is maintained by a chap in England.
They are less subject to the pressures for PC that their trans-Atlantic
cousins. So long as you do not make jokes about coal in the bathtub they are
quite happy.

     Uncle Dick