[LargeFormat] JOBO Discussion

Frank Filippone largeformat@f32.net
Tue Oct 22 11:36:19 2002

The problem with buying a used JOBO is the cost of repairs..... these things
have prices for spare parts that would boggle your mind....    If you are
doing this for a living, a new machine is a safe investment.  Us amateurs
must choose to save $$$ and risk a problem or longevity later, or spend few
more $$$.

Having said that, My USED CPE2 cost me $365 plus tanks.  I pay locally $2 a
sheet of 4x5 and $6 a roll for 120 or 35mm.  The obvious break even point is
around 60 rolls of film... and I have probably put through 100 rolls and 200
sheets of film.  I have more than paid for the unit, even if it did go south
on me tomorrow.

The CPE2 is the smallest of the units.. the CPP2 and CPA2 are considerably
bigger.  A decision for storage and table top areas.....Does it fit?

A great machine.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net