[LargeFormat] Kodak serial numbers

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Sun Oct 13 23:05:01 2002

I'm the new owner of two odd ball tele type Graphic lenses.  Both are
Kodak Anastigmats but made in '45, so I'm assuming these are not coated.

The questions lie in the realm of "what do the serial numbers really mean?
"  The serial numbers for both lenses are ER 000.   Did Kodak reset the
serial numbers every year? I've seen some pretty low numbers in the 50s
which suggest they did.  Other times I see 4 digit lenses and think well
maybe they didn't.

Does anybody know if they started with 000 or if they used that as a "pre
production" serial and began with 001?
Does anybody have any data as to when Kodak introduced new lenses?

the photo of the lenses are here:
http://home.twmi.rr.com/lnphoto/255mm.jpg
http://home.twmi.rr.com/lnphoto/388mm.jpg