[LargeFormat] Nikon Process-Nikkor 260mm f/10 lens

Charles Thorsten largeformat@f32.net
Fri Oct 4 13:34:02 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Briggs" <MichaelBriggs@Earthlink.net>

> They are beautiful lenses with their deeply curved outer elements.  They
must
> have cost A LOT of money when they were new.  There seem to be a fair
> number of (virtually) new-in-the-box ones out there -- perhaps Nikon
charged
> so much money for them that they didn't sell.

I have an Apo-El-Nikkor 105f/5.6 enlarging lens that was
over $3000 when new in the early 1980's.  It's the most
outstanding enlarging lens I've ever used and the construction
is much nicer than new El-Nikkors.  Needless to say, I paid
much less than that when I bought it used. :)

Ansel used an Apo-Nikkor process lens on his horzontal
8x10 enlarger in the 60s and 70s.  Not sure of the focal length.
You can see him use it in his 1980 documentary film.

-Charlie