[LargeFormat] photo expedition

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Thu Oct 3 12:21:08 2002

The Provia I shot backwards had a solid red cast and were a couple stops
dark

Dave Hornford
"Where do you store the time you save?"
   --- Anon

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Brick [mailto:jbrick@elesys.net]=20
Sent: October 2, 2002 11:11 AM
To: largeformat@f32.net
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] photo expedition

At 08:02 PM 10/1/2002 -0700, john frost wrote:

>Got the film back today, five shots were duds. Wonder if the shutter=20
>misfired, or I did. Wasn't all that cold - I did a polaroid or two,=20
>developing thermometer was on 50 degrees. Just tested the shutter in=20
>fridge for last four hours, working fine. I must have forgot to pull=20
>the envelope on the readyloads. Makes a case for filmholders with=20
>black/white sides!!
>
>john (:<)) in the dark again

But you had a good time anyway... right?

Were the Provia duds clear film or black?

It is easy to put the Quickloads in backwards. I've done it many times.
You=20
usually know when you do this as when using a Fuji Quickload holder, the

Quickload envelope comes all the way out, and off. There is no stop when
in=20
backwards. I don't know if they will stop in a Polaroid holder
however...

I've learned (the hard way) to look for the "this side toward lens"
notice.=20
It should be in RED.

Jim