[LargeFormat] changing tent vs readyloads

Joseph O'Neil largeformat@f32.net
Sun Sep 29 09:27:01 2002

	Last year for the first tiem I drove the family for a week long trip to
florida and the Keys.  This year I am heading back - stright to the
Keys.  The old buildings in Key west are wonderful, as is the landscape in
and around all the Keys.
	Last year I kicked myself for not taking a 4x5 along.  I am not making
that mistake this year.  :)   However, I want to take a good supply of film
- that's easy, but then what about film holders?  Dragging along a huge box
of pre-loaded film holders just isn't going to work.
	So what do other people prefer - ready loads or a film changing tent?    I
already own a Polariod 545 back, but how compatable are the Kodak Ready
loads (I shoot only B&W) with the Polaroid holder?
	The extra cost ofthe Ready loads is not a factor for me as much as you
cannot get Tri-X in readyloads (bummer), and i also see that film tents are
not cheap, so cost wise, the extra money for readyloads is about the same
as a film tent it seems.
	Any thoughts?
joe

http://www.oneilphoto.on.ca
http://www.multiboard.com/~joneil
"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"