[LargeFormat] General question

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sat Sep 14 16:28:10 2002

At 9:29 am +0200 14/9/02, Alex Le Heux wrote:
snip
>  >
>>  Hello Alex,
>>
>>  Well, that clause is there so that, for example, f32 can display
>>  members' photos  that they place on the Forum or in the forthcoming
>>  galleries and so that (again, for example) that image can be placed
>>  on the front page of the web site by the admin as a direct link to
>  > the member's gallery.
>
>Hi Clive,
>
>Can you explain to me why you would need an EXCLUSIVE and NON-TERMINABLE
>licence to USE the uploaded images in ANY MANNER to operate your site?
>
>For the purpose you describe (operating the website), a non-exclusive and
>terminable license to use the image/data for the normal operation of the
>website would be enough, don't you think? No need to make it exclusive and
>for any use.
>
>(If I'm boring people with this, I'll gladly take it off the list)
>
>Cheers,
>
>Alex

Hello Alex,

Yes you are right, I can not see any reason for the exclusivity
clause with respect to photos. There will be changes!

As for the non-terminable, that may stay in the terms and conditions
as it would be too much work to start removing photos and text from
(for example) the discussion forum. The "any manner" clause was
referred to in my reply above.

Thanks for all the input. Please feel free to continue this
discussion off the list with me if you want to address any other
related issues.