[LargeFormat] Large format at weddings

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Fri Sep 13 22:26:05 2002

My experience arrises only from the ' I had a friend and she
insisted..." storyline.

She insisted Ido the wedding, I insisted I shoot it 4x5.  I didn't have
any other equipment to use as I was just out of RIT at the time.

I used a Crown Graphic Special with a 135 Xenar and range finder focus
for the shots onthe altar.  Those were lit with an 1800 White Lightning
Ultra in a 40" umbrella, again because i didn't have anything else.

Other shots were done out side as it was a nice day and all the
flashlight made the guards nervous. C block had a nice gothic air to it
and using it as a background minimized the razor wire.  All in all I
shot about 35-50 shots.  Everything, including the bride and groom came
out/got out  nicely.

Les