[LargeFormat] Jobo CPE and E6 s step process

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Mon Sep 2 05:49:44 2002

Dear Mark,

     I too use a Jobo CPE2 for film processing and have found it absolutely
invaluable for colour. Whilst I use it for AP 70/ C 41 the basic motions are
the same as those you might be called upon to perform for your E 6.

     I do wash between bleach and fix and after fix with 10 or more changes
of water - each rotated for 30 seconds before dumping. The jug they are
poured out of starts at about 38 degrees but probably declines in
temperature towards the end of the step. Mind you, I live in Perth, Western
Australia and my darkroom in the summer runs at about 35 degrees air
temperature so this will not be a problem.*

    The results from the wash this winter have always been good - don't
sweat the slight drop of temp.

     Uncle Dick

* Well, if you must know, I do wear an old pair of khaki army shorts and a
pair of thongs in the darkroom in the summer and try not to lean against
anything that is sweatier than I am. Except the wife....