[LargeFormat] OH SHEET Contest

Brock Nanson largeformat@f32.net
Mon Sep 2 01:16:29 2002

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002, Clive Warren wrote:

> At 9:11 pm +0800 31/8/02, rstein wrote:
> >Dear Friends,
> >
> >      I have just been handed the envelope and the girl in tights has slapped
> >me and is fleeing the stage in tears.
> >
> >      The winner of the First Prize in the OH SHEET Contest is Karl Wolz for
> >
> >" Scheimpflug Rules "
> >
> >      And the winner of the Second Prize is Brock Nanson for
> >
> >" Large Format Photographers Do It On Ground Glass "
> >
> >     Please email me suitable postal addresses where your prizes can be
> >released.
> >
> >     Uncle Dick
>
> Congratulations to Karl and Brock - I was too slow off the block to
> get some entries in!
>
> Of course I am intrigued to discover what Antipodean delights Uncle
> Dick has for you :-)

You and me both!  I asked him not to send anything that would interest the
xray machines or explosive sniffing equipment and he replied that I would
be more likely to be approached by the customs people with questions about
why I would be importing 'material' that was so clearly politically
incorrect.  There was also a question about which sex and what type of
animal I preferred.

From that response I can only assume it will be some of his original
fine art photography...

I must congratulate Karl on his winning entry.  He came up with something
beautiful in its simplicity and perfectly on target.  I on the other hand,
took the low road to win favour with the judges and was rewarded for doing
so! ;-)

---
Brock Nanson
Kamloops BC Canada