[LargeFormat] 5x7 Lens Information

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Sat Aug 31 11:19:19 2002

Ignoring the fact that somebody already bought it, this is an extreme
wide angle lens for 8x10 and is of similar design as a Protar V. Which
sells for between $100-200 on ebay

For 8x10 this is a very fine lens.  (I have a 120 Nikkor SW that will do
the same thing and mine is two stops faster, but 8 times heavier, and 5
times more expensive.)

But there are much better  lenses out there for 5x7 than this one.  With
this lens you sacrafice speed for coverage, but by putting it on a 5x7
you lose the (use) of the coverage.