[LargeFormat] Schneider 305mm f9 G Claron

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sat Aug 31 11:19:05 2002

At 10:27 am +0100 30/8/02, mark.blackman1@btinternet.com wrote:
>Any comments? Coverage on 4x5?

Hello Mark,

Excellent lenses - that country road shot on the f32 Discussion Forum
critiques section was taken with a 305mm G-Claron. You'll run out of
movements on your Ebony RW45 a long time before getting even close to
the limits of the image circle!

Stop down to f22 for use at infinity.

Some would advise using a lens bellows to reduce the image circle
size and to maximise contrast. Guess it depends on how well the lens
is internally baffled and the reflectivity of the inside of your
bellows and camera. Using an Ebony RW45E I have found the images from
the 305mm G-Claron to be excellent and good contrast without the use
of lens bellows.

Robert White has the remaining stocks of new G-Clarons and his prices
beat any others I have found on the web. Ironically, used G-Clarons
are still being sold on EBay for more than than the price of a new
lens direct from Robert White.......