[LargeFormat] 5x7 Lens Information

Karl Wolz largeformat@f32.net
Mon Aug 26 00:50:43 2002

I've used a WF Ektar 190mm for 8x10 and was not impressed.  Very low
contrast and a strong tendency to flare.

I've since dropped 8x10 in favor of heavier use of my 4x5 and the
availability of digital scans and enlarged negatives.  Though not
necessarily my favorite lens overall (they're all my children, after
all), if I could only carry one lens with me, it would be my 120mm
Angulon.  It's very sharp and has great color contrast.  It is also
quite small and easy to pack - my Wista will close with the lens in
place.

A good friend uses a 180 Angulon for 11x14, BTW.

Karl Wolz