[LargeFormat] provia film jamming in Film holder

mark blackman largeformat@f32.net
Mon Aug 19 01:54:03 2002

I have been in Spain for the past two weeks, and very nice it was too! I did
have a problem with Fuji Provia film, in particular it jammed several times
when I was replacing the darkslide after taking a shot, on one occasion I
managed to make a hole in the slide! (tough stuff, Fuji film) I had no
problems with FP4. Anyone else have this problem? Is it heat related? (the
temperature was in the 30s, probably the 40s in the sun).

I developed the FP4 yesterday with no problems. Bear in mind this film went
through the hand luggage scanner at Stansted and Alicante airports, I didnt
bother asking for hand searches as both were very busy with holidaymakers.
There is no evidence of fogging, borders are perfectly clear. I will report
on any issues with E6 after I've developed it.