[LargeFormat] reloading film holders in Toronto and Montreal

Michael Briggs largeformat@f32.net
Thu Aug 15 21:02:28 2002

On 15-Aug-02 Tori Nelson wrote:

> I also much prefer a bathroom to a changing bag.  Whenever I'm traveling, I
> always take a box of the thickest alluminum foil and a roll of black
> gaffer's tape.

Another tape that works well and might be easier to find is the painters blue
masking tape.   It comes off well without damaging paint.   It isn't completely
opaque, but used around the edges of the door will reduce the light from the
almost dark room on the other side.   Or you can use it to hold aluminum foil.

> The only time this all backfired on me was in a motel in Santa Fe, where the
> light switch was outside the bathroom.

This is fairly common, so I bring a small flashlight.   Also, be cautious of
fluorescent lights, some have an afterglow that lasts minutes.

--Michael