[LargeFormat] Re: Crown Graflex 4x5 camera

Frank Lew largeformat@f32.net
Tue Aug 13 15:57:02 2002

Hi all,

I just purchase a very clean Crown Graflex 4x5 w/ 135mm lens.  Questions I
have is the Crown Graflex limited to the types of lens it can use.  I have
Caltar II N 90mm 6.8 lens and I use that for my Toyo view.  Can I use this
lens for the Crown without a recessed lens board?  Or do they make a
recessed lens board for the Crown?  Also, the 135mm lens has a bi-post
connection for strobe use.  I have a bi-post to household adapter.  I tried
a test shoot and it didn't fire.  I jiggled the adapter it fired and didn't
fire.  Do I need to clean the bi-post contact, it does have some blacking on
the posts.  Or should have looked at by a service center.  I tested the lens
using polaroid film and there was no problem with available light.
Exposures was perfect.  All the shutter speeds work and the aperature blades
are clean.  Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Frank L.