[LargeFormat] Panatomic-X still around sort of...

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Mon Aug 12 22:30:01 2002

rich,

I just came back from a 2 week trip out west shooting a 5x7 Kodak 2D,
shot close to 100 sheets, but I went conventional and used Tmax. I"m
processing them in a sink line with SS hangers.

Since I like to do things the old way, I'd probably search out an old
"Pack film"  dev tank.  Pack film was a roll film base cut to large
format sizes. They used a couple of different methods, the early version
was an oversized roll film tank with the insert or basket having radial
dividers, the film was bent imulsion in and placed in each of these
sections, then processed as normal. Early Yankee agitanks used long pins
to pierce the film at the corners to keep the film in the slots while
sloshing around. Never saw a 5x7 Agitank before though.

Les